Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Lactation Cookies

As a first time mother, I was faced with the challenge of my breast milk not coming in for two weeks after I had my daughter. After my milk came in, I soon realized that I was not producing enough on my own. Thus, my search began to find a natural remedy. That is when I found a recipe for lactation cookies. I adjusted a few of the ingredients and measurements and came up with this recipe. It really does work.

Makes about 3 dozen

Ingredients

1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup sugar
3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons water
1 tablespoons flax seed meal
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup flour
2 cups oats
2 tablespoons brewer's yeast
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup butterscotch chips or raisins

Directions

1 Preheat oven to 350°.
2 Mix the flaxseed meal and water and let sit for 5 minutes.
3 Mix butter, sugar, and brown sugar well.
4 Add egg and blend well.
5 Add flaxseed mix and vanilla, beat well.
6 Sift together flour, brewers yeast, baking soda, and salt. (Sifting is a must)
7 Add dry ingredients to butter mix.
8 Stir in oats and chips.
9 Use a Tablespoon to scoop onto baking sheet.
10 Bake for 12 minutes.
11 Let set for a couple minutes then remove from tray.
12 Enjoy!


Let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment